- Hal Jordan-The best known of the Green Lanterns, he has also starred in a big screen film starring Ryan Reynolds, and in a recently cancelled animated show. This GL is a founding member of the Justice League.
- John Stewart-No, not the “Fake News Guy,” but the sole African-American Green Lantern. Best known for his role in the animated Justice League shows.
- Guy Gardner-This guy is by turns known as a jerk (in the comics), and as a fun guy (GL: The Animated Series). Best known for getting punched in the face by Batman.
- Kyle Rayner—The youngest Lantern, and the guy who took over while Hal Jordan was temporarily dead. Is a starving artist in real life.
- Alan Scott-The original, Golden Age Green Lantern. Scott’s ring is magical in nature, and is not a piece of bling handed out by the Guardians. He is not a member of the Green Lantern Corps, but he has served as a mentor of sorts for the other human Green Lanterns; Hal Jordan in particular. The Golden Age Alan Scott is founding member of the Justice Society of America. In DC’s New 52 universe, Alan Scott has been re-imagined as the gay Green Lantern.
Recent news/rumors about the resignation of Joshua Hale Fialkov from DC Comics has prompted quite a bit of gossip and speculation as to the reason. Word on the street (Yancy Street, of course), has it that Fialkov was asked by DC to kill off the popular Green Lantern character John Stewart. The potential death of one DC’s top African-American characters has not been established as accurate, but it does bring up the question of a possible pruning as it were, of the Green Lantern family tree. There have been several Earth-based or human Green Lanterns, all but one of whom belong to the intergalactic Green Lantern Corps run by the little blue guys on Oa (you know, the Guardians of the Universe). So, if one must die (for now anyway), which Green Lantern do YOU think should go?